Between 2015 and 2018, Optis was responsible for the following tasks:
- Elaborate a certification plan with propulsion and structures delegates;
- Perform the structural design, drawings and manufacturing of a primary powertrain structure (motor mounts, drive, battery mounts, etc.);
- Retrofit and manufacture a pilot dashboard with motor controls and safety features;
- Demonstrate a 40 kW electric propulsion system on a test bed to validate thrust, torque and noise emissions;
- Demonstrate form, fit & function of the propulsion system on a certified aircraft.
Rancourt et al, Development of an Electric Propulsion System to Convert Glider for Self-Launch Operations to Reduce the Environmental Footprint, represented at the CASI Aero 2017 – 63rd Aeronautics Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 16th 2017.